Wednesday, March 31, 2010

busy busy

The whole weekend we've been very busy unpacking, moving to the other house, hanging up pictures, making beds, etcetera! On Monday Rod left to the UK for his dad's funeral (held on Wednesday). I knew I'd be up for a fairly busy week with more tidying, cleaning, looking after the kids, dogs and chickens, sell Rod's eggs on the market, prepare for my dad & sister's visit and hahahaha try to work.

Then all of a sudden on Tuesday a truckdriver rang that Harry & Milo would be dropped of in the evening. I wasn't expecting them till the weekend! So cleaned the stables, organised feed, hay (lovely lovely people in the area that love to help you out), setting up hotwire, etcetera!

Another very friendly naighbour helped me unload the horses so we were able to give them a little stroll before it was too dark and we had to put them in. Harry & Milo looked relaxed, fairly tired. Harry was a bit crampy and coughing but now, a day later, he's already getting a bit better...

Harry looked like he recognised something. It's of course hard to say what a horse is thinking! But it was clear both boys completely approved of being out in the pasture in the spring sunshine today.

This morning we visited Robbie and Fiona, our neighbours across the river. Charlie and Lola love playing there with their grand kids: Two girls that look like fairies with white hair and beautiful faces. Hyacinth and Antonine. Such sweet girls. In the mean time I trimmed one of Fiona's horses' feet. It looked good. I hope I get more clients! I love that work too.

Later today Robbie and Fiona dropped of a 300kg bale of hay. For only €27! Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment